Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Officiant

While I'm waiting to hear back from the caterer for a potential quote, Matt and I are taking a count of what we actually have left to plan.

Here's where we stand:
1. Groomsmen suits
2. Bridesmaid dresses
3. Favors
4. Renting a sound system
5. Potential decorations for ceremony
6. An officiant

I've delegated the sound system and suits to Matt. This may or may not have been the greatest idea since it may mean that I'm doing them at the last minute because he didn't, or I didn't like what he did, both of which are easily capable of happening.

I'm on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses, but I'm saving that for another post, along with potential favors.

So that pretty much leaves the officiant. Denise has recommended the pastor Ryan (Matt's brother) and Ashley used, and my mom told me to just check with the Allandale since they most likely have people they can recommend as well.

Since we're marrying on a Sunday, finding an officiant has the potential to be tricky, but Matt said maybe we can find a pastor/preacher whose standing with God is on "okay" terms but he's given up preaching.

Gee, that bodes well for our marriage. There must be some superstition about being married by a half in/half out pastor.

I'd love to find just a sweet old pastor whose married hundreds of couples and has it down to a science.

Matt's wish? Optimus Prime.
"You may now kiss the bride, and then I'll fly you to your honeymoon."

That's right, as in the Transformer, or at least the guy who does the voice. During the trailer for the new Transformer movie, Matt leaned over to me while Optimus Prime was spouting something about being betrayed by humans and whispered, "I do."

Luckily, I found this which may make his dream come true. That definitely won't upstage the bride. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment