Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dessert and Coffee Bar

A major part of any wedding wedding is the food. A major part of the food is the wedding cake.

Matt and I are actually not too crazy about cake. Don't get me wrong, I love birthday cake, devils food cake, and all that jazz, but it's not my go-to dessert.

That would be pie.


The flaky crust. The baked fruit. I love it all. I have never met a pie I didn't like, except for one peach mishap, but that was due to over loading it with sugar. 


We're going to do it up right with different pie stands and a wide variety of flavors. My mother is going to bake a couple, Matt's mom, Denise, and her sister, Debbie, will also be bringing some.

Debbie actually lives on an orchard of some kind, so her pie will be made with the fresh, seasonal fruit. And then my Nana is baking her famous pecan pie. 


There has been some question about the traditional wedding cake. Honestly, I do think I'd miss having the top tier of our wedding cake on our first anniversary. The solution?


Coffee crumble cake!!!

Even more so, it will go well with our brunch reception and coffee bar.


Yummy and delicious!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment