Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses

Finding my wedding dress turned out to be way harder than I expected, and I'm now running into the same issue with bridesmaid dresses.

My two bridesmaids, Shelby and Suzanne, are also both the Matrons of Honor.

My original plan was just to give them a color and then go about planning other wedding-y stuff while they find  a dress they love and will where a again. I wasn't even going to specify a store (like Davids Bridal etc. etc.) If their dresses weren't exactly the same color, oh, well. At least they have one that they love.

Kind of like this, minus the random guy on the end. 
(Photo by Gayle Brooker off of OnceWed.com)

However, the plan changed. I'm still all for Shelby and Suzanne finding the dress, and I'm definitely not picky about style and shade, but I think they should match.

Here's why. There is only two of them. If I had a larger bridal party, it might be more apparent that they are all bridesmaids, but since I'm going with my two best friends, I thought they might look more... bridesmaid-y if they'd match.

Also, as Eunie pointed out, "Honey, I don't care if they are all in Wal-Mart dresses: If they match, it looks better."

So now I'm on the hunt for matching, affordable, peach dresses.

The Limited. On sale right now for 180.60.


New York and Co. CardiganTop and skirt. 24.95, 29.95, and 69.95.

ModCloth On Sale now for 124.99

Perhaps a print? Ann Taylor for 139.99


And to utilize the other color (pale blue) Banana Republic 110.00

This is just the beginning of the search. I am more than welcome to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment